Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My 2011 vacation

For my birthday this year, (I turned 60) I wanted to do something BIG. When I turned 50 it was 911 and it was such a sad terrible day. My 50th came and went overshadowed by the thoughts of so many others. So this year as I turned 60 I wanted to do something, anything, just to celebrate. I called a girlfriend who lives in AZ and asked her if I jump out of an airplane will she?! She has been a long time friend and we both have our 60th birthday in September. We have shared each others lives over the years and I figured it was time to share another adventure. To my surprise she said yes!
I arrived Aug 4th very excited about skydiving. As I walked through the airport in Mesa I had on a pair of 60 glasses. I just couldn't resist teasing her about our upcoming birthdays. A lady in the airport walked up to me as I searched the people for my girlfriend and said to me "I bet I can guess how old you are." I thought that was pretty funny.
Our reservation was for the 6th, so we had some time to relax before the big day. There are not enough words to tell about our adventure. People ask me if I was scared.
You know, it was not so much being scared as not being in control of what was happening. There is no way to describe what it feels like.
So, just look at some of my pictures and let me know what you think. I will say I got the dry heaves when we landed on the ground and I had rubber legs. But I am so glad I did it. I am still on a high. I feel like I can do anything. I may get myself into trouble with that feeling. I told my hubby I felt like someone should slap me and he said he would be glad to. He is always so willing to help me out. I am wondering how long this empowering feeling will stay, forever would be nice. My friend loved it and would have gone up again that same day, she had no problem with the spinning and falling. That day there was no way I would have ever thought of doing it again, but now, I think I would do it one more time, and try to see if it still makes me sick. That was one thing I didn't even think of, thought of a lot of stuff that could happen but being sick wasn't one of them.
This last picture kinda says it all, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment