Monday, March 7, 2011

A Work Day!



Yesterday was my first day of work for over a year and a half. As I sat down in the car after 7 hours of standing on my feet I thought, Now I remember why they call it work. I had had nothing but a cup of coffee from 6:30 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon. I chose not to take a break because we were so busy, so yes, I was working. I got a temp job at a new Kohl's in Sterling. I greet the customers and then ask if they would like to sign up for a Kohl's card. I had a good time with it and the day went very fast. It was the first day open for the new store. I had someone ask me where the restrooms were and I thought, mmm I don't even know that. I got in on this job at the last moment and not a lot of training. I made sure I found out where the bathroom was, and it was a learn as you go type of day. I really like the feeling of being so busy. Forgot how good it feels to be so tired but happy that you made it through the day.






A friend fixed dinner for us that night for us and it was perfect. Wonderful food, good wine, nice fire in the fireplace and last but not least great company. It was the end of a long, busy day for me. Wednesday is the grand opening for this store and I am scared! I am glad I will have two days of practice before that, but, who knows.... it is learn as you go... and I usually do well in situations like that. The weather was great, and I enjoyed my drive to work and home. I always liked that little bit of time to unwind before getting home. Oh, can you believe next Saturday night we change the clocks again... wow, can't wait to have it stay light longer.... spring is coming!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy, oh so glad you have a good job, hopefully it will turn into permanent, and yes that is a good kind of tired!

    I was shocked that the time changes so early in the year..I wish sometimes they would just leave it alone! Confusing plus we have a lot of clocks to set and re set!

    hugs to you and Joe!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete