Friday, May 13, 2011

May's recipe

I came across this recipe in the Nov. 2005 issue of Southern Living. It has only 2 ingredients and is called Ice-Cream Bread. I have not made it yet but I will very soon. I just don't keep ice cream on hand. It never last long. So here it is and if you try it please stop back and leave a comment.

1 pint, (2 cups) of ice cream, softened
1 1/2 cups self rising flour
stir together ice cream and flour, stirring until flour is moistened. Spoon Batter into a greased 8X4 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Southern Living recommended not using low fat ice creams. They loved Butter pecan or rum raisin. Any flavor seems to sound good, I would like to find some black walnut, but that is hard to come by. I will go for the strawberry first and go from there. Hope you try it and enjoy it.



I have been busy potting my flowers and getting ready for summer, I have had a lot of aches in my legs the last few months and I am moving slower that usual.





I started several projects in the house and none are done. I think I got carried away and started to many things at the same time. I do a little every day, and that is the best I can do.

I feel good about each little thing I finish. My to-do list have become a list of about 5-7 things each day. Even if it says water plants it counts a one on my list. I may not be make big headway but I am slowly getting things done. Hope every one is enjoy the weather and spring.




Had to close this blog with a picture of a weed, even dandelions can be pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy, that recipe sounds interesting, let me know if you try it! And your flowers are beautiful! Even the dandilyon!

    Have a beautiful weekend and hi to Joe!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete