Friday, December 30, 2011

December 2011 nearing the end

Wow, I just can't believe another year is ending.  I turned 60 this year, which I am good with, went to a friend's who turned 60 also and jumped out of a plane, tandem style. That, I think was the highlight of my year. Looking back I am so glad I did it.  Still feel the thrill of being 13,000 feet in the air, what a rush that was. 






I had a wonderful stay with my friend in Arizona, a vacation that was greatly needed.  We always have fun together.  Some of my friends from Illinois thought I was nuts to go to Arizona in August but it worked out great. The weather was nice, not to hot, I was able to enjoy the pool more that the other times when I went in May. 

My hubby's health is a little better, I am so thankful for that. We still are faced with some problems, but look forward to the small improvements that continue to happen. 


My daughter and I have such a good time when we have a day together. This year she faced a lot of turmoil in her life, I am so proud of her for the way she handled it all.  I think we are both glad to see a new year begin.  We have lots to be thankful for.





I think I should share this, when we go on an outing we usually end up at a Target store and it turns into a hat trying on marathon.  The last time was so much fun because we went to opposite ends of the hat display and would find each other with silly hats and and surprise each other.  I really have been wanting to send Target a thank you for the fun we have there.  It is something special my daughter and I do together and enjoy. (maybe a little to much)  We always take our camera and capture the moments, laughing and making fun of each other.  I just had to include another picture of us having fun.  The cost is free and so are the laughs.


We are still trying to sell our home.  We have 4 acres and it is way to much work for me.  The market is bad and we have been trying to sell for about 3 years now.  I am unemployed and unable to find a job, so that means I have no insurance, the prospects in our area are nowhere to be found.  I had a summer weekend job, that is over for now.  I hoped someone would see what a great job I do and ask me to work for them.... dreamer right.....  but that's who I am, I believe in the impossible.  Hope I never change, I love a good laugh, try to remain optimistic and go day by day..

It just wouldn't be right ending the year without a picture of my dog, Baxter.  What a wonderful dog!


I am so ready for the new year to start..... bring it on. ..

2 comments: